Friday, March 19, 2010

Proud to be an Anosmiac

3-19-10
Today was such a beautiful day that I couldn't stand staying inside for hours. So, after lunch my friend, Adrianna, and I decided that we ought to walk downtown to get some "Indonesian Ice." I didn't really know what to expect, so when we got there I ordered an ice with jackfruit and fresh coconut in coconut milk - all things I could recognize and sounded good. When my ice arrived though, it had more in it than I bargained for. The red pieces are seaweed jelly, and the green are avocado! There were other...jellyish...things at the bottom. It was definitely delicious, but I am not a fan of jelly-ish textures. Meanwhile, another co-worker who had come with us, Leslie, had ordered a durian ice. Apparently this fruit smells horrible but tastes wonderful. I tasted hers and loved it - and of course no horrible smelly consequences for me! I had a feeling the smell was getting to Leslie so I said, "I like yours better" (true) and she said "I like YOURS better" - so we switched. I. Love. Durian! SO TASTY! Sometimes, it pays to be an anosmiac.

1 comment: