Friday, April 30, 2010

WOOHOO!

4-30-10
See that? That's my bike. At work. Yeah. I rode to the BART station, then rode BART to Berkeley, rode up to work, and then did it all in reverse to get home. And I rode the entire way home. I mean - to my door. Literally. Now those of you who haven't been to my house may not realize the significance of such a feat, so allow me to elaborate. I live up on a HUGE hill. Literally our house is at the very top of this hill. I rode up the ENTIRE thing! I didn't think I would be able to do it, but as I approached the second block a guy driving by cheered me on. As I approached the third block, and thought "I need to walk!" a guy in his yard started cheering me on - he said he rode his bike all the time and he can't make it up this hill. I told him this was my first day riding my bike and he said I was doing "amazingly" and that my gear ratio was just right, but that I needed to oil my chain. I said thanks and he said, "keep it up!" So I did. I made it up the 3rd block with his help, and the 4th because I knew I couldn't walk after he was so encouraging! I'd be letting him down! Yay for awesome neighbors! WOOOHOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment