Thursday, June 10, 2010

Technical Problems

6-10-10
A vital piece of my job is gift processing. When donations to the school are made, I pick them up, count them, enter them correctly into the database so that they are applied to the correct funds and designations, and then convert and upload the files so that the business office can post the money to the general ledger. Well for the last week I have been unable to convert or upload them. This is my "OMG why won't IT just come and FIX this already face." Right after making this face, though, I called IT (this is after 4 unanswered e-mails) and got someone to come fix it. It only took them an hour sitting at my desk which is the LEAST of the things they've had to do to get this damn thing to work. Let this be a lesson to you if you're an IT person - DON'T completely change a department's programs unless you a) know how they use it, and b) test it and make sure it works first! 

No comments:

Post a Comment