Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Taking a Break

Taking a quick break from work to read the most recent update on Lucy Knisley's comic/blog, Stop Paying Attention. You should check her stuff out, if you haven't already. I think that she is my favorite comics artist right now. I feel like there are a lot of autobiographical comic artists around who do really good and hilarious stuff with incredible insight that I love, Knisley, somehow, captures both the irony and the beauty of life, and does so in both an entertaining, humorous, and endearing way. And she does this in such a balanced and real manner that when combined with her style and viewpoint is really quite unique. I especially love the different ways she illustrates her characters looking back in time, incorporating the current character in a physical and metaphorical way with the past. Anyway, I just thought I'd share. Read her stuff. She only updates bimonthly so going back to the beginning takes no time at all (at least for the series).



Now back to work. Oh and I have pics from the last few days, but haven't been able to get online at home so I'll have to update sometime tonight hopefully now that my internet seems to have decided to turn back on.

FIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment