Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Vacations: Contrasting Experiences

Jess is currently in Hawaii.

I am in Michigan.

I bring you: contrasts via text message:

Bekah: "It's sleeting. It's gross."
Jess: "It is bright and sunny here with cool tradewinds."
Bekah: "Jerk."
Bekah: "They call this a 'wintery mix'"
Jess: "Well, they call this paradise."

Then she sent me a picture of the balmy sunny day with the "cool tradewinds."

There is not justice in the world.

There isn't even any snow here to pretty things up. It's just gray and dead. Though to be honest it hasn't been as cold as I expected so far. Granted, I did run from the parking lot into Schuler's (a book store) screaming "it's sooooo coooooold" (drawing strange glances from everyone around...oh and my apologies to the lady I almost ran over...I was cold...?), but still. That was later in the day and I swear to you it was getting colder no matter what anyone may tell otherwise.

Also, I must admit, Lansing is pretty cute/charming during the holidays. A lot more so than I remembered it. Maybe the downtown area has just been renovated even more since I was last here. There still is jack shit going on and absolutely nothing to do, but it's definitely got the Midwest charm and jolly good cheer thing workin' for it this winter.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and take my camera in somewhere for fixin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment