Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mmm, MEAT.


7-13-10
I overestimated how much hamburger I'd need for the bbq this weekend, and needed to figure out what to do with all this meat I had leftover. So, I decided why not try making a meat loaf? I looked up some recipes but they all seemed to have bread in them. I finally found one which substituted the bread with quinoa which honestly sounded way more delicious to me anyway. I followed this recipe sort of. I followed it for the most part, but instead of sun dried tomatoes (yuck), I used a fresh tomato. I also chopped up some carrots to add in because it sounded good to me. I didn't have any chives so I just put some mixed herbs in, and obviously I didn't put in any crunchy nasty onions. I used dried onion flakes instead. I also have a bunch of awesome salsa that Nina brought to the bbq so I scooped a couple of tablespoons of one of them into the mixture to give it some added flavor and a little bit of a kick. Finally, I didn't have whatever weird sauce they wanted me to add into the topping, so I just did ketchup, brown sugar, and some garlic powder. 

How did it taste, you're asking? DELICIOUS! Success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment