Monday, July 19, 2010

The Prodigal Son Returns!


7-19-10
I know what you're thinking, "ANOTHER picture of HOBBES?!?!" I know. But this is a special picture of Hobbes. Allow me to explain. Last week on Tuesday night I was exhausted. The cats were outside and when I called them only Dinah came. I usually spend a little more time waiting for them, but I really was inexplicably tired so I just went to bed and figured Hobbes would show up in the morning. Well...he didn't. He didn't show up Wed. evening either. Or Wed. night. Or Thursday morning. I started to get worried Thursday evening when he still hadn't shown up. Hobbes is sort of a fatass and he always shows up when he gets hungry. Two days of not eating is unheard of. I was leaving to go camping early Friday morning, so I asked my landlords to look out for him and let him in if he showed up and I tried calling Animal Control and the Humane Society with no luck. Friday morning he still hadn't shown up. I was sure he was gone for good. However, when I got home this evening Kim came out and told me he was back! He had just shown up on the front lawn that morning - he was gone for almost a week. Now he's sleeping a lot and looks a little bit skinny...and seems a little shell-shocked. I'm not sure where he's been, but I'm sure glad he's home! Dinah, on the other hand, seems perturbed that he showed back up...hmmm...and she was in an awfully good mood Wednesday and Thursday last week. Methinks there may be foul play in the tradition of Joseph's brothers afoot...hmmm... Anyway, this is a picture of him sleeping on my lap. He's been sleeping on or near me since I got home (well, after he ate a hefty meal, of course). I <3 my kitty! I'm glad he returned in one piece!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad hobbies came home. I thought for sure he was a goner too

    ReplyDelete