Thursday, April 7, 2011

And Now Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

4-7-11
I apologize for my long-winded post from yesterday. Sometimes you just gotta follow your musings. Now back to our regularly scheduled nonsense. I found this on my desktop this morning. I had almost completely forgotten about it. Not that long ago I had this big plan to write and illustrate an existential story of identity and purpose.

Starring a garbanzo bean.

Yeah...

It seemed like a good idea at the time and made me giggle to myself as I wrote down ideas/the plot. I even went so far as to make some preliminary "sketches" of my cast of characters. Oh yeah, the plan was to only use MS Paint to create this story since I'm often mocked for my affinity for and dedication to MS Paint and my refusal to learn Photoshop since Paint is "good enough!" and "all I need!" I've since amended my ways and can see the value of Photoshop...though I still do love me some MS Paint, no doubt, and will defend its honor against the naysayers.

Anyway, here is one of my "sketches" when I was trying to create the look and feel of the illustrations for this story...drawing garbanzo beans is harder than you might think (or at least harder than I expected it to be). But I think Claude the Bean is sort of cute. 

Maybe I'll revive this project and finish it...

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha, Bekah, I love you and your stories :) you should totally finish it!

    ReplyDelete