Saturday, April 2, 2011

Float Like a Butterfly...

4-2-11
I have been wanting to try out a boxing gym for quite some time. I've done kickboxing before and learned a little bit about boxing from a friend of mine who used to be kinda serious about it. Both were awesome but left me wanting more - to try out a REAL boxing gym. But it always seemed so expensive, and I always had a membership at the Y and couldn't justify both. But a couple of months ago there was a trubates deal for 3 free classes at this gym. So I bought it. I went today for the first class, and it was awesome! So much fun. SO incredibly hard; SUCH a good work out. Love it! The teacher was everything you'd imagine a boxing teacher to be. I love workouts like this where you sweat buckets, work until you feel like you're about to die, PUNCH THINGS, and get yelled at (not in a mean way, just in a motivating 'c'mon, step it up! sorta way) to do it right. Yessssssssssssssssss.

I have 3 more free classes, and then I think I am definitely going to get a membership here. My Y membership is up and I can't renew for the same price any more so I've been considering just dropping it anyway. Seems like perfect timing to me! Cue Rocky music!

1 comment: