Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm Gonna Sing the Doom Song Now!


8-30-22
Spotted this somewhat faded, but awesome, siedwalk art in Berkeley today as I headed down to Philz to do some after-work decompressing. I haven't watched Invader Zim in quite some time, but was talking about it just the other day with some friends (spawned from a conversation about JTHM), and it was certainly a fundamental aspect of my college self, so it was fun to see this drawing of Gir. I might have to have a Zim watching party with myself...that's not as creepy as it sounds...I swear. I'll have to wait until I finish Blood +. though. I'm almost done - don't judge! Anime is totally cool! haha. 

I really like sidewalk art. I don't know why, maybe it's because I don't ever expect it/am never looking for it and it's fun and exciting to find something unexpected and colorful on the sidewalk. 

In other news, I ordered all my transcripts today! This has made me giddy beyond all reason. Probably because I've been thinking about whether or not to apply to PhD programs for the last two and a half years now, and this is the first time it feels like it's real - like I'm really going to do it, apply, and hopefully go. :-D Next week, after getting my paycheck, I'll order my GRE scores (and cry a little at the $160.00 it's going to cost). Inch by inch getting closer. And more and more nervous I won't get in anywhere, but I'm trying to ignore the feelings of inadequacy and just do what I know I need to do and prepare myself to accept whatever outcome because whatever the outcome, I'm moving forward and figuring out what to do next/with my life! It's a good feeling! 

2 comments:

  1. you are awesome. and I hurt for your $160 for your GREs but at least you don't have to take it again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh totally. If I ever have to take that test again it will be too soon. Actually, I never plan on ever taking it again even if I don't get into grad school. heh. This is it. I can't stare at vocab lists and figure out analogies or answer questions about stupid paragraphs about geology again! ;)

    ReplyDelete