Saturday, August 13, 2011

Outside Lands, Pt. 1

8-13-11
I went to Outside Lands for the first time this weekend. It was amazing. Such great music. I saw 10 shows in two days. Saturday was Bob Schneider (awesome), Starfucker (pretty cool - I'd never heard of them before, but they put on a good show and their cover of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" was great), Sia (OMG, LOVE HER! I was 2 people from the front. I want to marry her, OMG), The Roots (amaaaaaaaaaazing), and Girl Talk (so THAT'S what a rave is like. DAMN he's good). 

I only wish I could have seen more - I really wanted to see The Black Keys, but they overlapped with The Roots so that won out. I'd have liked to have seen Muse too, but it was too crowded so I just stayed put and saw Girl Talk. This picture was taken is during The Roots show. This was right before that guy came my way and fell knocking about 10 of us over. There was a lot of crowd surfing during this show and a few others. This was, however, before people started surfing on inflatable rafts.

Good. Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment