Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bounty

9-29-11
I got home tonight to find this massive zucchini propped up against my front door. The zucchini in our garden have taken off to a disturbing degree, but this is by far the biggest one I've seen yet. I have placed a normal-sized banana next to it so that you may fully appreciate the scale of this monstrosity. Picking it up was like picking up a baby for cryin' out loud.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. We've had so much that so far I've made stir fry, ratatouille, and stuffed zucchinis. Perhaps zucchini bread is in order for this one...though I have a feeling it might be big enough to make a couple of things! Hmmmmmmmm....SOUP. It's going to rain next week! Soup would be the perfect answer to the rainy dreary (WONDERFUL) weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment