Monday, September 26, 2011

Decision

No picture. No reason - I'm just lazy and didn't take one today...or yesterday...

BUT! I have been thinking. Grad school applications are going to be due before I know it, and here I am wasting precious hours of my life in the evening watching TV. Now, I don't watch a LOT of TV (though I suppose that's all relative), but I often will watch an hour or so after I get home from the gym, after work. It's a nice way to turn my brain completely off for a little while and relax while I eat some dinner (or a "snack of rabbit food" as Jess would call it). But...

I need to be reading.

I have all these books I want to read, and I am moving through them far too slowly.

I also need to be writing.

I need to be writing my admissions essays, and writing down ideas and brainstorming.

I only have so much time after work, and I'm sure as hell not sacrificing boxing/climbing/gym time. So, Mr. TV, you gots ta go.

I reserve, however, a special allowance for How I Met Your Mother, and the Amazing Race. And hour and a half a week of uncompromising tv watching. I think that's reasonable.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment