Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rat-a-too-ee-for-you-ee

So last night I got home pretty late but decided to make myself lunch for today anyway. I'm on this new kick where I try to make my lunch the night before so I don't keep defaulting to walking down the street and buying a lunch. This is both better for my body and for my wallet. I have a bunch of mammoth-sized zuchinni from our garden (seriously, these things are HUGE) and some summer squash, eggplant, and purple bell peppers from my veggie box sitting in my fridge threatening to go bad before I can eat them. So, I got my mind set that I was going to attempt to make ratatouille.

Don't act like you didn't watch Ratatouille and totally want to try that dish. To zoom back to your days as a happy-go-lucky boy eating nummy food at your mother's table. Yeah you did.

Me too.

So, even though it was like 11pm and I was dead tired, I went ahead and made it. It was actually really easy - it just takes a long time to bake. But getting to bed at 1am was worth it due to the fact that now I'm sitting here eating some for dinner after a long day of biking, working, boxing, swimming, and more biking. And it's delicious. And I'm sitting here thinking about how delicious it is and how I should have taken a picture of it for my faithful blog readers while it was still beautiful in the pan instead of in a gloppy mess in my tupperware container. Alas, I did not. My poor camera is feeling quite neglected this week...

So! Instead, I'm going to give you the recipe I used! Imagine that mine looked as gorgeous as the one in these pictures...even though it didn't. My eggplant was grotesquely large in comparison to the summer squash, as was the zuchinni (but still dwarfed by the eggplant). But I do believe that mine probably tasted as gorgeous as the one in these pictures.

Ratatouille Recipe

Seriously. Do yourself a favor and make this. It's delicious, it's healthy, and it's EASY! Just call me "Little Chef."

2 comments: