Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Working

9-28-11
After work I biked down to Philz to get some reading/brainstorming done. I just have a hard time doing it at home because when I get home I sort of want to shut off...which isn't bad, I think we all need time to be mindless/just relax. But I think I've been shutting off too much lately when I need to be productive. So since it was 92 degrees and sunny I sat outside and drank a delicious iced coffee and read the first 100 pages of The Language Instinct by Steven Pinker. It's fascinating so far! And he talks about Chomsky a lot (how could he not, right?!). 

I also wrote down any ideas/thoughts/questions re: research topics/ASL/signed language that came to mind as I read so that I would have a starting off point for writing my admissions essays. I know I have questions and interests but sometimes it's hard to articulate them so writing down my thoughts as I go is a good first step!

No comments:

Post a Comment