Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blah Blah Blah

1-25-11
Lately (read: in the last 6 months or so) I find myself increasingly intolerant and irritable whenever I have to attend anything resembling church. I'm not totally sure why this increase in the severity of my reaction but it's kinda bad since I work at, oh you know, a seminary. Anyway, last night was the installation of our new president. Which apparently means singing about a billion hymns or whatever. I coped in 2 ways: 1. standing in the lobby and never actually entering the chapel, and 2. the moment where a co-worker and I looked at each other and said, without a word, "this song is like one big sexual innuendo, right? RIGHT?!?! Right." Oh uh, this picture is of the chapel. Look at the stupid banners trying to feign openness and inclusiveness. omg could I BE any more negative right now? I'm really tired. I think I'll stop embarrassing myself now and go to sleep before this gets any worse/pointless/emo/stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment