Sunday, January 16, 2011

Joshua Tree


1-16-10
We went to Joshua Tree today! I've been wanting to hike or camp here for quite some time, as I've heard it's amazing. And since it was a free national park day, it seemed a perfect time to go check it out. There were so many awesome pictures to choose from, but I really liked this one which was taken after Jonathan and I led these rather inexperienced gals up a mountain of rocks, thus proving a) that we ARE capable of taking inexperienced people on reasonable hikes and b) anyone can hike! And have fun! Because walking and climbing around aimlessly in nature is awesome!
But I digress. Back to this particular photograph (which I didn't take, obviously, but if you'd like to see the rest of my pics from this trip, you can look at flickr). In this picture I think we're trying to prove that we're strong and conquered the mountain...except that I think Miriam may have elected to just dance instead.

5 comments:

  1. How come when I look at your flickr I see no other pictures from this trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew someone was going to give me crap about that. I just haven't had time to put them up, but I will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could do the same. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete