Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I am Sexy

2-16-10
(If you can't read it, click on the comic to see the strip actual size)
This exact scenario happens to me more often than I'd like to admit. It's not that I don't shower on a regular basis, because I do. But I swear that whenever I wake up in the morning and decide to sleep for 20 extra minutes instead of shower I either get asked if I got a haircut, or get complimented on my hair. I'm not sure if I should take this as a hint to shower less frequently or what.

Anyhow, clearly, this is not a picture on the theme of the week, nor is it a picture I took at all. But oh well. I'm not going to say "sorry, I'll do better" 'cause frankly I don't really care at this particular moment. I'll just blog/do what I need to do for this particular moment, and in this particular moment I need to say "this particular moment" about a billion times. Oh, and read and share with you this awesome comic. And when I'm ready to get back to pictures...I'll get back to pictures. 

In the meantime, what I share with you today is the only thing (besides the awesome HAIL that we got this morning! I love storms!) that has kept me somewhat sane today. I've read Liz Prince's comics before, but I had not gone back to the beginning and read them all. Until today. I relate to many of them far too much and they really make me smile. And today I really I needed that, since it has felt like, no joke or exaggeration here, one of the longest days I've ever experienced. And I'm not gonna lie. I'm not feeling so hot (mentally, emotionally) today. I feel completely drained and like I really need to cry. Not because anything is so horrible; I just need the emotional release. But. I can't. No worries. It'll come, probably when I least want it to (i..e. any time when I am not alone. I really hate crying in front of other people).

 Until then, I'm gonna read more Liz Prince's comics. And you should too. 'Cause they're awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment