Monday, February 28, 2011

Foiled!!

2-28-11
Alternate title for this photo: "I packed your angry eyes."
I decided to go for a swim after my Spanish class tonight, thinking it would help loosen my neck and shoulders up and just help me feel better in general as a swim usually does. I was really looking forward to swimming laps and then sitting in the hot tub. However, when I got to the locker room I discovered that somehow my goggles had been broken! I decided to try and swim without them since I really really needed the swim. I made it about 200 yds before I had to admit this was NOT going to work. I just couldn't see. Chlorine + eyes = ouchie = panicky feeling the entire time = counterproductive. I ended up lying in the sauna for a while though, which was really nice so it wasn't a complete bust. So anyhow, here is a picture of my busted goggles. I like that you can see my angry reflection in the lens. It's sad. I loved these goggles. They're perfect for outdoor swims b/c they're tinted and they fit ever-so-snugly. RIP faithful goggles. I'll always remember our first mile, our first open water swim, and our first triathlon together. *single tear*

2 comments:

  1. Truly. I biked my fat ass to REI yesterday though and bought new ones. They are purple, which irks me for some reason, but at least they'll work. I WILL get in the pool and swim at least a mile before this week is through.

    ReplyDelete