Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Not Dead Yet

2-22-11
I took a walk down to University Ave. today after work because I wanted to go look at GoodWill and Out of the Closet for a cheap chair for my bedroom (found one, by the way). I also just really needed a walk - a chance to clear my head and be alone for a bit. Walking everywhere for the last month has caused me to notice what's around me a lot more than when I drove everywhere. I kind of like it (biking too...though I feel it's when I'm walking that I really notice what's around me more). Anyway, in addition to noticing several businesses I'd never noticed before - there are several thrift shops I was unaware of and a Radio Shack (had NO idea it was there, but lucky me 'cause I needed some new headphones! Check!) - I saw this loverly flower someone had stuck into a garbage can. I'm not sure, is it a daisy or a chrysanthemum? I think it's a 'mum because don't daisies only have 13 petals? Whatever it is, I appreciated the juxtaposition.

2 comments:

  1. If it's a mum, it's a daisy-style one. Love it! In fact, I need to come up with a new comment. I love all or most of your photos. But I do. So what can I do?

    ReplyDelete