Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Bleh Day

2-9-11
Well...what can I say about today? It sorta sucked. I'm not really at liberty to say why, at least publicly.Wow that makes me sound so mysterious like I'm some bigwig in the government with top secret secrets or something. Call me Jack. Jack Bauer. Oh yeah. But really, it's nothing world-shattering. Just MY world-shattering. Anyway, enough vagueness. I find vagueness really irritating and I'm starting to irritate myself, so if you want to know, just ask me. Point being: when I got home Jess had bought me chocolate because she is a good friend and roomie. Aaah. Nothing like chocolate to make a crappy day a little bit brighter. Especially Toblerone! It's from SWITZERLAND. So exotic.

Side note: I finally listened to this week's This American Life this morning during my commute. SO GOOD. It's all about "tough rooms" i.e. difficult audiences. I so wish I'd been able to take a picture during my Spanish class tonight because it was PERFECT. I'll have to try and come up with pictures along the theme tomorrow and Friday. Until then, let me try and describe to you my class tonight: picture an incredibly enthusiastic instructor who is trying his best to get the entire class (about 30 people standing in a circle, with the professor in the middle) to sing and salsa to what I would call mediocre success. Talk about a tough room. It was beyond hilarious. This class is so different than last semester. Not only have I not been yelled at once, but our homework, in addition to writing a composition? No joke?
Practice salsa. 

So...today wasn't completely horrible.

2 comments:

  1. :D Una fiesta! Que bien! :D
    Glad you had a good end to the day. zzzzzzzz ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never seem to get to bed "on time" lately. And when I do I can't sleep. I need to learn some techniques to turn my brain off. Or I just need to drink more beer.

    ReplyDelete