Saturday, February 12, 2011

Goals


2-12-11
My picture of the day is actually a screen shot (and please, no comments from the peanut gallery about how many tabs I have open at any given time). Technically...I took this Sunday morning, but I was pretty out of it last night and when I got home fell asleep almost immediately while watching a HIMYM rerun (I think I got some flour in my diet Friday night, and that along with the beers made my stomach none to happy about it the next day. Now, I can usually handle my alcohol, just so you know. But my body seems to become immediately intolerant of any alcohol when wheat is also introduced into the picture. I'll spare you the gory details, but suffice it to say I did little else yesterday but watch every single special feature on the Dr. Horrible DVD). Anyway, EVEN in my not-so-pretty state, I did do some grad school research because I had made it a goal to at the very least e-mail the professor at Cal who's done research w/ASL linguistics. I really want to apply for fall 2012, so although I've been doing research, it's time to get the ball seriously rolling. I hope he is willing to meet with me, but even if he's not at least I did what I said I'd do, and sent him an e-mail. Because, really, at least a portion of getting into schools is making contacts and finding professors who would want you there and would want you to work with them. So. On to the next professor (Boston U.)! 

3 comments: