Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Pat's

3-17-11
Happy St. Patrick's Day! For the last couple of years I've made Irish stew today - because it's delicious - and every year of course I drink beerbeerbeer - because it's delicious. Not this year, though, sadly. I just do not have the energy due to the fact that I, apparently, have mono. Just like any self-respecting college kid would have. Except I'm not a self-respecting college kid any more. Personally, I wouldn't have used an exclamation mark to announce this message to one of my patients but I suppose she could be excited that it's not anything more serious. And it does make me feel a little bit better about the fact that I've had ZERO energy for the last few weeks. I'm not crazy or lazy, I've just been sick and didn't know it!

And look! Even Kaiser's website is green in honor of St. Patrick's Day AND in honor of my awesome dad, who's birthday is today. He always told us we couldn't pinch him even if he wasn't wearing green because since he was born on St. Patrick's Day it meant he had green blood.

I only sort of didn't believe him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment