Monday, March 14, 2011

I Surrender

Well it seems that the cold/flu thing I've been fighting/ignoring for 2 weeks has finally defeated my stubborn insistence that I am fine and don't need no stinkin' rest. I suppose you can't ignore the fact that your lymphs are swollen beyond all reason and that your body and head aches (although Tylenol/Ibuprofen do a good job at numbing the pain!) especially when you're only getting 3-4 hours of sleep a night for 2-3 weeks without your body finally rebelling and saying "Enough is enough!" Ok, body, I surrender. I took a sick day today and am home feeling quite miserable. However, the mere exhaustion of being sick seems to have finally taken precedence over my insomnia because I did also finally sleep really really well last night. For 10 hours. Oh sweet sweet slumber, you are everything I had hoped and more. I wish I could hug you and squeeze you to show you the depth and warmth of my love and affection.

So, although I plan to still be productive on this sick day (and eat soooooooouuuup!), I shall take this opportunity to post some pictures from this weekend down in LA and beyond!
Saturday we went and saw a rugby match in Culver City. I'd never seen rugby played before and I now have 2 things to say about it: 1) Rugby is way cooler than football. and 2) Rugby is way cooler than soccer. Basically, rugby is awesome. I don't completely understand all the rules yet, but it is so much fun to watch. I think it may  be my new favorite sport (after curling, of course). 

After rugby we headed over to Pasadena to check out the Art Blocks for Ghana exhibit because in addition to having a lot of amazing art and being for a good cause, Lindsey had a piece in it! You can see all of the pieces and bid on them here

Then, we headed to North Hollywood to try and get tickets to see Pinocchio at Deaf West Theatre. The show has been getting rave reviews and was sold out but we tried to get tickets anyway, to no avail. I started writing about this part of our weekend and realized it was going to get really long because I get too excited, so I'm going to save that for another blog entry for later. In the meantime, suffice it to say we didn't get to see Pinocchio but we DID get to see some really great Deaf theatre anyway! While we were waiting for that show to start we went and got some delicious Thai food:

Stir fly meat in garlic sauce. My faaaaaave.

Sunday we spent the day at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Not as good as Cedar Point, (the rides at Cedar Point are just bigger and faster), but it IS the best amusement park I've been to since Cedar Point ruined amusement parks for me. And the X2 ride? OMG. Like no ride I've ever experienced before in my life. Normally I'm a little scared right before the ride, or right before the 1st big drop. As most people are. Not on this one. I was scared the entire effing ride. It was amazing. The SEATS rotate so you never have any idea which way you're actually going to move, and sometimes you're looking straight down at the ground and others straight up at the sky. It's completely disorienting, completely terrifying, and completely AMAZING! Probably one of the best roller coasters I've ever been on. 

Great weekend. Great people. Great rides. Great shows. Great food. Yay! Now I'm going to go lie down! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment