Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Training

3-30-11
I went to a training on Crystal Reports today. Yep. That IS as exciting as it sounds. It was actually pretty informative in the sense that I just wanted to get a better feel for how the program "thinks" so I could mess around with it more and understand how to generate what I want/need, and the training certainly did that. However, as these sorts of trainings/seminars tend to be, it was a bit slow and dry. So I entertained myself by improving the coffee sleeve off my Starbucks coffee. I wanted to make her Medusa-like, but...instead I think I just made her into a weird snake-fish-queen-thingie.

The best part of the day was when I asked one of the bellhops (the training was held in a hotel) where I could find a bathroom. He led me to it, and on the way he asked me if what Crystal Reports was. I told him it was a computer program for reporting and he says, "oh! I thought you guys were doing like, crystal readings. You know like telling the future." Ha!

Clearly he hadn't seen the seminar speaker, who was the pretty much what you would picture if you imagined the quintessential IT guy. He was also from Philly and kept taking digs at the Giants, so on my evaluation I made sure to write "go Giants!!" 

1 comment: