Friday, March 4, 2011

Quintessential

 3-4-11
After biking down to Black Oak Books to use some groupons, Katherine, Eric and I found our tumblies makin' the rumblies, so we went to Anchalee, a really great Thai place. I'd been told that Chris C. thinks it's the best Thai place in Berkeley, but he also doesn't like the Lord of the Rings so his opinion doesn't hold a lot of weight now does it. So, I was skeptical (especially w/Cha Am and Thai Delight being so amazing). Well, I'm pleased to report that at least in this instance Chris wasn't totally off base. It was deeeeeeeelicious. I don't really know if it's "better" than the other 2; I feel like each Thai restaurant I go to has a very different flavor or focus, so they're difficult to compare. But it certainly was on par in general, and some of the dishes were better (soup. omg).

Getting to the picture: I was facing the window and the reflection of this Buddha kept catching my eye. It took a little bit of fiddling with the camera, but I finally was able to get a picture that wasn't either ruined by a flash or completely dark! It is, unfortunately, somewhat grainy, but I'll take what I can get. Little steps. I took a few pics of it, and had a hard time deciding which one to post. If you want to see the rest and tell me I made the wrong choice, they're on flickr. Anyway, I thought it looked pretty cool, and I loved that it said "Berkeley" right below the reflection because it's just so quintessentially Berkeley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment